Voting Equipment Demo
HOW TO USE THE VOTING MACHINE
- If you do not know how to use the voting machine, ask the machine operator for instructions before you enter the voting machine. If you need assistance any time during the voting process, ask the machine operator for that assistance.
- Enter the voting machine when directed by the operator. Read the instructions. Examine the ballot and decide for whom you want to vote for each office.
- Make your selection for each office by pressing the "X" located at the right of the candidate's name or issue for which you want to vote. After you make a selection, a red light illuminates near the upper left corner of the box that you selected. Continue the process of selecting a candidate for an office until you have made selections for every office for which you want to vote.
- You may only vote for one candidate per office unless there are instructions to the contrary in the title block for that office.
- You do not have to vote for every office. There is a flashing red light in the title box for every office for which you have not made all of the allowable selections.
- After you have made all the selections that you want to make, review your selections BEFORE casting your ballot. You may change a selection by pressing the box at the right of the candidate's name you have selected, the red light at the upper left corner of the “X” will go out and then pressing the box located at the right of the candidate's name for whom you want to vote.
- DO NOT press the "VOTE" button until you are completely satisfied with your ballot. When you are satisfied that you have selected or written-in all the candidates for whom you want to vote, press the LARGE GREEN "VOTE" button located below the LOWER RIGHT CORNER of the ballot. After you press the large green "VOTE" button, your ballot has been cast and you will be unable to make any changes to your ballot.
- Leave the voting machine and polling place after casting your vote.
- The elector will proceed to the Election Clerk to sign out the “To Who” Register.