Board of Elections
The members of the Virgin Islands Board of Elections are:
|St. Croix||St. Thomas/St. John|
|Lilliana Belardo de O'Neal||Arturo Watlington, Jr., Esq.|
|Barbara Jackson McIntosh||Lydia Hendricks|
|Glenn Webster||Carla Joseph|
|Adelbert "Bert" M. Bryan||Maurice A. Donovan, Jr.|
|Lisa Harris-Moorhead, Esq||Alecia M. Wells|
|Raymond J. Williams||Diane J. Magras-Urena|
|Ephiphane Joseph||Ivy K. Moses|
Scope & Overview
The Boards of Elections are established in Title 18, Chapter 3, Section 41, of the Virgin Islands Code. There are two election districts within the Virgin Islands: the District of St. Croix and the District of St. Thomas/St. John. Each district has a separate Board of Elections consisting of seven members who are elected by the electors in each district to terms of four years. The St. Thomas/St. John Board shall include at least two members who are residents of St. John. No more than four members of the same political party shall be members of each board. We are a four entity organization - Joint Board, two (2) District Boards and Election System - Supervisor.
Within their respective districts, the Boards of Elections shall have jurisdiction over the following:
- The registration of electors and the conduct of primaries and general elections;
- Performance of all functions with respect to party enrollment of electors;
- The preservation, storage and maintenance of registers and primary and general election equipment of all kinds;
- Issuance of certificates of appointment to election officers;
- Investigation of election frauds and irregularities;
- Receive from election officers the returns of all primaries and general elections, canvass and compute the returns, and certify, no later than one week following the primary or general elections, and forwarding of the results thereof to the Supervisor of Elections; and,
- Recommendations to the Legislature of amendments to the election laws in conjunction with the Supervisor of Elections.
The Boards shall meet, at least quarterly, as the Joint Boards of Elections to promulgate and issue uniform rules and regulations for the administration and enforcement of the election laws throughout the U.S. Virgin Islands.
To provide American citizens in the Virgin Islands with the mechanism to exercise their right to vote according to the United States Constitution.
To coordinate and implement all election related services and activities in the Virgin Islands.