ELECTORS’ INTEREST IN EARLY VOTING CONTINUE TO RISE WITH A STEADY FLOWSubmitted by esviadmin on Fri, 07/29/2022 - 12:00am
Voters continue to turn out in steady numbers to cast their votes during Early Voting for the 2022 Democratic Primary Election. Supervisor of Elections, Caroline F. Fawkes, is satisfied with the turn out thus far and expects an increase throughout the weekend. Voting Centers are open on Saturday and Sunday.
Voters have until Monday, August 1st to participate in Early Voting to avoid the lines on Primary Election Day - August 6, 2022. The hours are 9:00AM-6:00PM on St. Croix and St. Thomas and 9:00AM-4:00PM on St. John. Early Voting locations in both districts are as follow:
- District of St. Croix Elections Office-Sunny Isle Shopping Center Unit 26
- District of St Croix- St. Joseph Church Hospitality Lounge
- District of St. Thomas-St. John- St. Thomas- Charlotte Amalie High School Gymnasium
- District of St. Thomas-St. John- St. Thomas-Tutu Park Mall (former Scotia Bank location)
- District of St. Thomas-St. John - Julius Sprauve Elementary School Cafeteria
The number of Early Voters to date territory wide are as follows: St. Croix- 1,680, St. Thomas-1,692 and St. John- 73, for a total of 3,445 Early Voters.
Supervisor Fawkes reminds the public that Absentee Ballots are available as an alternate for anyone that is unable to Early Vote or participate on Primary Election Day. Absentee Ballot applications are available at the Elections System offices and at our website www.vivote.gov.
For additional information, you may contact the Office of the Supervisor of Elections at (340) 773-1021 or 774-3107.
“Voting is not only our right- it is our power” – Loung Ung